cURL connect to aspx, then scrape down the data?

From: Lou Picciano <loupicciano_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:53:11 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Daniel and all,

My first post to the curl list, so pls excuse the clear newbie-ness...

Have begun reading through the docs, so I'm making an effort. Meanwhile, I'm trying a first test: connecting to an aspx site, for which I have a valid login and cookies from previous sessions. Even starting from scratch, with no cookies, I can't seem to find any mix of user password syntax which will log me on.

Ideally, would like to log on once, then step through a series of pages with a form of http://sitename.com/path/default.asp?id=<number>, pulling the data down for each, where number is a unique record number.

Can anyone point me to any recipe snippets? I KNOW cURL is the right tool for this...

Also, really interested in an - apparently - past implementation of curl for PostgreSQL, which seems to now be a dead project. Can anyone point us to any further information on it?

Thanks! Lou