RE: How to get details of a specific file just uploaded using ftps

From: Young,Jim <Jim.Young_at_cerner.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:01:05 -0500

-----Original Message-----
Subject: How to get details of a specific file just uploaded using ftps

I have been playing around with curl and have pretty much got it to do
what I need, sending a file from the local Windows hard drive to a
remote unix box using ftps. I'm lacking one critical piece, though. I
need to confirm that the transfer completed.

What would people suggest?

Victor

I use two things - the exit code which should be 0 if it works and the -w '%{size_upload}' option which prints out the size of the file it just sent. I compare that with the actual file size. If the files are ASCII text you may need to adjust this for different file sizes caused by the different line ending characters on a UNIX system.

Jim Young

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.