Re: Any examples about POP3 is very expected.

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:54:52 -0600

At 09:51 +0800 8/17/10, HeJin wrote:
?hi all,
     Resently, i try to use libcurl (with the latest vesion 7.21.1) to implement POP3 and SMTP, but i can not find any interface related to POP3 in the /curl/curl.h.
I've seen the CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM&CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT, is this for SMTP?
     I saw ben's mail but can not access to git clone git://dmz1.candelatech.com/curl.ct.
     Does anyone can give me examples about POP3? Any copy sent is preciate.

POP3 and SMTP both use Telnet on port 110 and port 25 respectively. Other ports are used with spam prevention in mind. It's possible to run a session using a terminal application.

I'm pretty sure you can Telnet with curl but I haven't ever tried it. For either you'll need a list of the commands and how to use them. They're public but a session assumes you know them.

<http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/1725> is a start.

--
--> If  it's not  on  fire  it's  a  software  problem. <--