Problems compiling Curl 7.21.0 with openSSL1.0.0a

From: <shane_at_arnold.id.au>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:07:10 +1000

Hi guys,

I apologise if this isn't the correct place to post this question.

I an on a Unix Machine the version info being:

Machine hardware: sun4u
OS Version: 5,8 (solaris 2.8)
Processor Type: sparc
Hardware: SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R

I downloaded openssl1.0.0a, configures, make, make test and make install. It appears to installed fine into the /usr/local/ssl default path.

I then attempt to congfigure curl 7.21.0

It initially stated that SSL disabled and therefore not include it in the compile. This was odd to me as /usr/local/ssl is the default path for curl to look for the ssl libraries.

I need to compile curl with the FTPS protocol, unless i can get it to fine ssl this will not happen.

I then performed the following:

./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

Again the process stated that ssl was disabled. Please see attached a zip file containing all my logs etc..

I really need help, I am unsure has to what to try next or were to look.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shane