RE: CURL requires library files

From: Young,Jim <Jim.Young_at_cerner.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:52:01 -0500

Mohan wrote:

>... the following libraries are missing.
>
>libidn.so.11
>libintl.so.8
>libiconv.so.2
>libgcc_s.so.1
>
>Sample error message:
>ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libidn.so.11: open failed: No such file or directory
>Killed
>
>My question is, do we need to install any other package(s) along with curl
>to avoid these error messages and curl to work ?

Yes - probably you do. I install the following packages on an AIX system:

bash-4.0-2.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
curl-7.19.6-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
expat-2.0.1-2.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
gettext-0.17-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
glib2-2.20.4-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
info-4.12-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
libidn-1.15-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
libssh2-1.2-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
openssl-0.9.8k-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
pcre-7.9-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
pkg-config-0.23-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
zlib-1.2.3-5.aix5.1.ppc.rpm

I'm still using curl 7.19.6 so the rev numbers may be different for other releases.

Jim Young

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.