RE: newbie to curl, what command

From: Young,Jim <Jim.Young_at_cerner.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:19:28 -0500

Charles Hart asked:

>newbie to curl ftp with ssl
>I can now connect an list the files that I need to get from the ftp site running ssl. What do I use in curl to get a file from the site? It is not
>"--get". This is the command that I am using below (except I changed things to cover up the information)

>curl -k -v -2 --cacert STUFF_keycert.txt --key STUFF_privkey.txt --pass STUFFSFTP --user USER:PASSWORD --ftp-ssl --disable-epsv --use-ascii -->ftp-skip-
>pasv-ip --get NEEDTHISFILE ftp://stuff.newstull.com:50051<ftp://stuff.newstull.com:50051/>

Have a look at the "--output <file>" and "--remote-name" options in the man page. For example you might do:

-o NEEDTHISFILE -url ftp://stuff.newstull.com:50051<ftp://stuff.newstull.com:50051/>/NEEDTHISFILE

or

-O -url ftp://stuff.newstull.com:50051/NEEDTHISFILE

Jim Young

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.