Re: Unable to curl to local urls

From: Paul Willis <willisweb_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 15:58:29 +0100

On 6 May 2010, at 12:23, Alex Bligh wrote:

> --On 6 May 2010 12:15:50 +0100 Paul Willis <willisweb_at_googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not really sure where to look to solve this. Any clues?
>
> Your firewall?
>
> Does "telnet 123.123.123.123 80" connect?

I forgot to mention what now seem like a crucial factor. The Ubuntu server is running as a VMWare guest. It would appear that the problem is somewhere in the networking there.

Following Alex's prompt I disabled the Ubuntu firewall and I still get the same results, I'm able to curl external URLs but not internal. I get the same results with telnet and ping and anything else, it all works externally but locally to my IP times out

Sorry to waste the list's time

Paul