Need help in using libcurl.m4

From: Amit Kumar <amit.8k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:45:27 +0530

Hello friends,

"No questions are stupid. It is only easy to answer them."

So, please don't get angry at me if my question sounds stupid.

I am a new user of libcurl. I have installed the version 7.20.0 in ubuntu
linux under the directory "/usr/local".
I am trying to use the libcurl.m4 in my application. I read the docs present
in the file libcurl.m4 and tried to use it in configure.ac
and Makefile.am.
But I am getting errors while running the autotool. Please help me out.

My configure.ac file is as follows:

==============================
AC_INIT(ft,1.0.1,bugreport_at_dikshatech.com)

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(ft,1.0.1)

AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_INSTALL

LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG

LT_INIT

AC_OUTPUT( Makefile src/Makefile )
===============================

Makefile.am file reads as follows:

===============================
_LDFLAGS = @LIBCURL@
AM_CPPFLAGS = @LIBCURL_CPPFLAGS@
===============================

I am running autotools from a script given below.

==================================
#! /bin/bash

export AUTO_TOOLS_BIN=`dirname $0`
echo $AUTO_TOOLS_BIN

export PATH=${AUTO_TOOLS_BIN}:/opt/local/bin:$PATH
echo $PATH

echo "Preparing Autotools"
which aclocal
 aclocal --force

echo "Running libtoolize"
which libtoolize
 libtoolize --force --copy

echo "Running autoconf"
which autoconf
 autoconf --force

echo "Running automake"
which automake
automake --force --copy --foreign --include-deps --add-missing

echo "Running autoreconf"
which autoreconf
 autoreconf --force

echo "Running configure"
./configure --silent --prefix=`pwd`/.

Do I need to copy the libcurl.m4 file somewhere in my application directory?
What am I missing? Please guide me.

Regards,
Amit Kumar