Re: Multipart/mixed from Config File

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:19:33 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Jan.Lacok_at_farrow.com wrote:

> i also tried with
> -H Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
> boundary=------------------------------814d8b8ab9f8
> and
> -H "Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
> boundary=------------------------------814d8b8ab9f8"

You need the latter, the first version is major wrong.

> It is not that we insisting on formatting the request this way.
> It is a vendor defined format.

A stupidly defined vendor format too...

> Every <cr/lf>, 'Content-length:' on
> sub-parts, 2 sections of data, everything has to be exactly as they
> specified.

Then you really need to handicraft your own.

> easiest solution for us will be if we can construct the whole message within
> our application, and have cURL pass it over to the server but it looks like
> that will not be possible also.

I think it is possible. In fact I can't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Your problem is that you don't quite understand what you're doing and then
you're asking us when your server responds with errors instead of checking the
server logs or asking the guys with the server what those particular errors
mean. It is the server that's annoying here.

I would seriously advice you to just ask or hire someone who understands a
little bit about HTTP or has some curl experience to help you out. This really
isn't rocket science.