Specifying pem file works in linux, but not on windows

From: Henrik Majberger <henrik_at_majberger.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:12:37 +0100

Hi.
I've tried all the different solutions described here:
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

All of them works on linux. On windows it just gives me the same old:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed

Example:
curl -O http://www.startssl.com/certs/sub.class1.server.ca.crt
openssl x509 -inform DES -in sub.class1.server.ca.crt -out outcert.pem -text
curl --cacert outcert.pem https://www.edentoft.net/

Can anyone get the above example working on Windows XP?

I've tried a bunch of different versions of curl just in case it's a
new bug or something, but to no avail.
I've also tried with various sites (ie
https://internetbank.swedbank.se/ ) but they all fail on windows.
So, have I done some basic error or what?

Now I'm out of options, short of telling the different corporations
who need the curl based solution
not to run Windows. Wishful thinking, that is... :-D
Or I just give up and let them transfer sensitive information
unencrypted over FTP. :-O

I'd really appreciate some help/pointers here.

//Henrik Majberger