Re: .netrc information not fully recognized

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:41:05 -0700

At 22:49 +0100 3/1/10, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Jason Friedman wrote:
>
>> spjsf_at_infodev1:~> cat .netrc
>> machine den-wiki.den.ofi.com login wikiuser password myPassword
>
>I believe the .netrc parser may not properly deal with all those on the same physical line. Try specifying machine, login and password on separate lines.

I'm showing curl 7.10.2 on Mac OS X and 7.19.5 on ubuntu Linux. Both are showing one line per host and working fine with .netrc

But. . . The line ends are ASCII 10, UNIX style. Does the OP's .netrc use returns or CRLF pairs?

My .netrc uses tab characters between items on a line. Any whitespace is supposed to be acceptable but. . .?

--
--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--