SV: Canąt get thru proxy?

From: Ivansson Gunno <Gunno.Ivansson_at_msb.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:46:54 +0100

Frĺn: curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] f&#246;r Daniel Stenberg [daniel_at_haxx.se]
Skickat: den 18 februari 2010 19:58
Till: the curl tool
Ämne: Re: Canąt get thru proxy?

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Ivansson Gunno wrote:

> Daniel, thanks for the answer. My admin people says port 8021 is a ftp proxy
> port.

Aaah. That explains it. Now, there's no standard among "ftp proxies" either,
but the FTP command set is small enough and curl is flexible enough to deal
with most, if not all, of them anyway. See this description of 7 different
ways that ftp proxies might work (and I see now that the list in fact is from
Filezilla):

  http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2003-04/0126.html

> 14:27:20??Command:??USER xxxxx_at_ftp1.xxxx.se
> 14:27:20??Response:?331 User name okay, need password.
> 14:27:20??Command:??PASS *****
> 14:27:21??Response:?230 User logged in, proceed.

I suspect that is the type 5 in the above list.