Re: Can靖 get thru proxy?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:03:19 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Ivansson Gunno wrote:

> Our IT-department have set up a new proxy and since then I can┤ upload
> files with curl. My command looks like this: curl --proxy
> xxx-xx-xx.xxx.local:8021 -T
> "{/Users/gunno/Documents/Tidningen_local/Skicka_VTAB/TJUG-0217-A-018-A.pdf}"
> -u myUser:myPassword ftp://ftp1.x-xxx.se/

That's a FTP upload over an HTTP proxy. That's off the map. It's a no man's
land. Where things migth or might not work.

There's no defined stadard for how that is supposed to work, so it varies
between different proxies and I also figure that various proxies can change
their behaviors on demand as well.

> curl --proxy xxx-xx-xx.xxx.local:8021 -u myUser ftp:// ftp1.x-xxx.se/ -v

That's a plain fetch though, which should be easier.

>> GET ftp:// ftp1.x-xxx.se/ HTTP/1.1

Note that you also inlcuded your password there.

> 220 IronPort WSA ready.
> 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.

That's really weird output, but I don't see what curl can do differently in
this case. It asks the proxy for the URL and the proxy hands back crap.

> I have very little command line experience and have composed my command from
> examples. Our IT-deparment told me to use Filezilla, which manage to get
> thru our proxy, but this command is part of a larger script that create PDFs
> and send them to a print shop. Ana idea why this doesn┤ work?

I don't know Filezilla, but can it be that is uses CONNECT through the proxy
(curl's -p option)? Or perhaps even that they compared with a different
protocol as I believe Filezilla might also work with SFTP etc?