Re: basic auth

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:14:17 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Blurry wrote:

> I have an IIS server I am trying to login to , if I use firefox a
> userid/pass box comes up and I put DOMAIN\user in for user and the password
> below it and I get access. I have tried NTLM auth, anyauth, nothing allows
> curl to access it.

So read the headers of the response and it'll tell you what method(s) it
wants!

> If firefox can do it, curl must be able ?

Pretty much, yes. Unless you've stepped into a bug or something we don't (yet)
support.

> Is there some cookie BS that has to handled ?

That's not easy to tell based on this little information.

> I couldn't find good examples of NTLM auth in my searches.

--ntlm is what you need basically. Or --anyauth even. Another approach is to
use livehttpheaders and investigate exactly what your firefox gets/sends.