Automatically rename a downloaded file by curl to avoid filename conflict.

From: Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 13:27:35 +0800

Hi all,

When I download a file by curl, I use -o switch to write the file as a
local file, say, file1.me. The issue is: if a file with the same
filename already exists in the target folder, the original file will
be overwrited. So, how can I let curl automatically rename a
downloaded file to avoid filename conflict in the above case?

Thanks in advance.

--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.