using NTLM proxy giving wrong content length for POST

From: Nick Fortescue <nick_at_ox.compsoc.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:45:31 +0000

I'm using command-line curl 7.19.5 for windows with SSL and NTLM enabled.

When I try and do a POST (with -d) through an NTLM authenticating proxy, the
content length gets set to 0 and the form arguments are not sent.

Example command line:
curl -v --proxy-ntlm --proxy proxyserver:proxyport --proxy-user : -d
"fname=a&lname=b" http://www.snee.com/xml/crud/posttest.cgi

The verbose output then shows a Content-Length of 0, and the receiving form
agrees.

This guy (http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2009-03/0013.html) appeared to
have the same problem and the advice was not to use NTLM but unfortunately I
don't have a choice about this. Has this been fixed or can anyone suggest a
workaround?

Unfortunately I can't compile from source as I don't have Visual C++.

Thanks,

Nick