Re: segfault in curl_formfree() in persistence run on RHEL5 x86-64 as 64 bit app

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:25:36 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Pinakin Mevawala wrote:

For libcurl stuff, please use the curl-library list!

> I'm facing the segfault in curl_formfree() in persistence run on RHEL5
> x86-64 as 64 bit app. Using CURL 7.19.5.

> curl_formadd(&post, &last,
> CURLFORM_COPYNAME, POST_NAME,
> CURLFORM_FILECONTENT, file_name,
> CURLFORM_CONTENTTYPE, (char*)content_type,

Did you by any chance have any of the post or last pointers uninitialized?

When you send this to the correct mailinglist, can you show us the stack trace
or even better a valgrind output for this case? Or perhaps even a small
example that repeats the problem.