Re: header http

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 17:38:05 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Michel RIGAUD wrote:

> here is an example of http header I received while trying to connect via a
> proxy
>
> Is it correct to say that these 2 answers in 1 file are managed by Curl
> itself

Yes, if you ask it to do so using -U and a proxy auth option like
--proxy-ntlm.

> and that the final answer sent by the server is 200 and not 407.

Yes, if you provide the correct credentials and the remote server serves the
HTTP request fine it should result in a 200.

> Does it apply to all posibles cases when using HTTP

No. You can provide the wrong credentials or get a remote page that doesn't
exist or is redirected or a lot of other cases that end in a non-200 getting
returned by the remote site.

Also, NTLM authenticates the connection to the proxy so if you get multiple
requests at once over the proxy, only the first request over the connection
will get the 407 back.