SFTP winsshd (was Re: CURLE_SSH (79) curl: (79))

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:22:19 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Faizel Isaacs wrote:

> I've got an application that makes use of libcurl and libssh2 to interface
> to a windows 2000 / 2003 server.

Then you're using the wrong mailing list. This list is for the curl tool. You
might want to use the curl-library list instead!

> Try debugging it step by step, and check what SFTP packet received from
> WinSSHD is LIBCURL rejecting.

Sounds like a good idea. And to do this the best possible way, you're actually
even better off building one of the libssh2 example codes and thus use a plain
libssh2 app to see how that behaves as it will help determine if libcurl is
doing something wrong or if libssh2 itself is the culprit.

> WinSSHD 5 is one of the rare SFTP server that support the latest SFTPv6
> protocol. Maybe LIBCURL support for SFTPv6 is broken, and that would not
> even be unusual.

libcurl uses libssh2 for SFTP. libssh2 speaks SFTP protocol version 3 so it
cares very little about v6. In SFTP the client tells the server what protocol
to use and then they move on speaking that version. Perhaps the situation is
the opposite so that WinSSHD has broken their v3 support?

And again, this isn't really curl-users material...