stdin for PUT not working

From: Paul M De Goes <pauldegoes_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:51:59 -0700

Daniel,

Thanks for replying. I'm actually trying to PUT a string
"C:\\File\\File.txt" was just placeholder string; it could have been
"gobbledygook." I'm 90% sure that this is a bug in curl.

Post does accept data from stdin using
    curl -d @- http://whatever.com

, but no matter what I try with PUT it will not read from stdin (file or
text). So I'm using a workaround for now. =) Let me know if you figure
out anything more, and thanks again for your answer.

Regards,
Paul D