Re: which list is which (was Re: TFTP issues in curl lib 7.19.4)

From: G. T. Stresen-Reuter <tedmasterweb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:31:12 +0000

On Aug 3, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, G. T. Stresen-Reuter wrote:
>
>> - Does the site have to be static HTML or can PHP be used? (not
>> that that makes a difference on the design...)
>
> The site could be made however we deem is necessary. I started the
> site eons ago and then I went with static HTML + CGIs and I've not
> yet had any particular reason to switch from that. We're not that
> many people editing the web site.
>
> I don't think we need a very "fancy" site design-wise, we just need
> it to serve our users with the info they seek.

I'm very fond of highly accessible web designs with a strong dose of
"white space". Rather than forge ahead creating a design only to have
it refused, is there any chance we could organize a small group that
would participate in a design process and "sign off" on the design?

>> - Is the site in a public repo somewhere or should I use http://code.google.com/p/phpspider/
>> (or the equivalent)
>
> The web site is (almost entirely) in CVS, in a module called 'curl-
> www' right next to the 'curl' one. You need a small set of tools to
> be able to build it fine...

When my 3-month old daughter is a bit older and I have a little more
time (like, in another 6 months), I'll definitely take a look at it
and try to build it.

Ted Stresen-Reuter