Re: File Size limitation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:34:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Sivakumar P wrote:

> Not sure if this can be attributed to curl's limitation - i'm new to curl
> usage. I'm pulling 1GB size of file from a server over FTPS using curl
> scripts but the pull fails.

1GB is not a magic limit for any kind of system known to me so it cannot be
due to file size. I would rather assume the time the transfer takes might have
an impact - and I don't mean to curl itself but to something in your system or
network.

It would possibly help if you eloborate on "the pull fails" with a lot more
detail.

> Is there any attributes to be set to handle large files?

On all reasonably modern operating systems curl supports transfers of file
sizes up to at least 64bit (>18000 Petabytes if I counted correctly). Not all
server implementations can though.