Re: issue with quick reconnect

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:13:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, Jogeshwar Karthik Akundi wrote:

> The following is the scenario in which curl gives me an error:

You're on the wrong maling list! Switch over to the curl-library list instead,
where all the libcurl hackers are. This reply is cc'ed there.

> 1) I Connect to my server from my client program using the easy api of
> libcurl (HTTPS, libcurl compiled with openSSL)
> 2) Close the connection
> 3) Immediately connect again with a new curl easy handle.

Can you show us a complete (small) source code that repeats this problem?

> Issue is that the connection goes through fine but the read operation fails.

On this particular server/URL or on all servers/URLs ?

> This works most of the times but sometimes (about one in eight cases) I get
> an error when I try to read using curl_easy_recv. it returns curlcode = 1
> (unsupported protocol).

Uh, there's no call to curl_easy_recv() in your description above!