RE: Using curl

From: mutumba wycliff <mwycliffe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 09:35:38 +0300

Hello,

My name is wycliff,
I am new to curl and I need some help on how to install and configure curl
with cygwin.

I downloaded curl-7.19.5, and on trying to configure it from cygwin, I get
some error;
see details below;

wycliff_at_neptune002 /cygdrive/c/curl-7.19.5
$ sh configure
checking whether to enable debug build options... no
checking whether to enable compiler optimizer... not specified (assuming
yes)
checking whether to enable strict compiler warnings... no
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for grep... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ar... no
configure: error: ar not found in PATH. Cannot continue without ar.

wycliff_at_neptune002 /cygdrive/c/curl-7.19.5
what could be the problem?

thanks&regards,

--
MUTUMBA WYCLIFFE