Running two versions of cURL on the same host

From: Chris Glon <chrisglon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 12:27:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone

We are running an old, very old, version of cURL. It runs flawlessly. Doing the upgrade would require some modifications to our app because some of the parameters we are using have been deprecated.

We have some urgency to implement a very specific cURL feature that requires a newer version. That feature will run in complete isolation from the rest of the application.

Is it possible, as a _temporary_ solution, to run two different versions in parallel on the same Linux server, so that we can retrofit the app with enough time for QA? Or is this asking for real trouble?

Thanks