Request for help with: Entering both a proxy user id and password AND a user id and password for the URL in cURL

From: Mike Hutchinson <mike.hutchinson_at_uk.rsagroup.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:00:09 +0100

Hi,

I have searched the web for some time but not found any answers to this
cURL problem so any help would be appreciated.

Problem:
I need to enter BOTH of the following as part of the same cURL command line
or in the cURL configuration file.
1. A user Id and password to log in through our proxy server
2. A completely different user id and password to connect to the URL that I
am trying to use.

cURL version I  am using is
zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.13 libssh2/1.1
I am running on a windows 32 platform using https protocol for the URL

I have tried entering the -u userid:password details twice on the command
line once for each set of log-on details.
I have tried entering the proxy log-on details in the -u switch and then
wrapping the website log-on details as part of the URL e.g
-u proxylogon:proxypassword userid:password@https://myurl

The only way I can currently get cURL to successfully log-on to the website
is to
a) first manually log-on to the proxy server through Internet explorer etc
and connect to the Internet.
b) use the -x switch to specify the proxy URL and port
c) use the -u switch to hold the website log-on and password details

cURL then works fine

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike

MORE TH>N ® is a trading style of Royal & Sun Alliance
Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England and Wales at
St. Mark's Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 1XL.
Authorised & regulated by the Financial Services Authority

For your protection, telephone calls will be recorded and may be
monitored.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be read, copied
or used only by the intended recipients. If you have received it in
error please contact the sender immediately by returning the e-mail or
by telephoning the number contained in the body of the e-mail and
please delete the e-mail and do not disclose any of its contents to
anyone. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from
viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent.