Uploading from files whose name contains a comma

From: Stefan Klinger <all-lists_at_stefan-klinger.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:28:58 +0200

Hello everybody.

To me it seems impossible to post data from a file whose path contains a comma:

$ echo hello > a
$ mkdir x,y
$ echo world > x,y/b
$ curl -F 'aaa=@a' -F 'bbb=@x,y/b' stefan-klinger.de
curl: (26) failed creating formpost data

How can I achieve this? Note that I could use stdin in the above example, but I cannot do so in my setup, where stdin is (and has to be) used for other input.

By the way:

$ curl --version
curl 7.18.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.18.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8k zlib/1.2.3.3 libidn/1.15 libssh2/1.0
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps scp sftp
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Thank you!
Stefan

--
Stefan Klinger                                      o/klettern
                                                    /\/  bis zum