Re: windows installation

From: BZT <sjwright68u_at_charter.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 22:01:47 -0400

Hi.

Should I presume you have the Windows binary downloaded? If so, the
easiest way to begin would be to put it in the same folder as cmd.exe
(the Windows command prompt). Then it's
1. Click on the Start menu, select Run, type in cmd.exe.
2. When the Command Prompt window appears, type in "curl -h" to confirm
that Windows sees the binary in its execution path (the short, or long,
list of file paths the OS uses to seek out and start command-line
utilities like curl). If you get "curl is not a recognized command,"
then it's not in the right place. If you get the helpfile, then you're set.
3. Have a good time using it with the jackwhacks ("Windows" slashes --
on the same key as the pipe) in the Command prompt. I installed
GnuWin32, and later Cygwin, so I could keep using Lunix whacks. That's
just me though.

BZT

Tyler Mccall wrote:
> Can I get a step by step on how to install CURL in windows as a
> command line tool?

There are no guarantees in anything in software. Software is written by
people, and people are flawed; therefore, software is flawed. When using
one or
another piece of software to accomplish a task, a good rule of thumb is,
There are the same number of headaches, just different flavors.
- Distillation of two observations made by my brother and me within the
last decade