Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Compiling a program using curl in an itanium hpux 11.31 platform]]

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:50:22 +0200

2009/5/19, Paola Ferrari wrote:

>> Yang Tse ha scritto:
>>
>> This is not a curl/libcurl nor system compiler issue.
>> This is an Oracle Pro*C/C++ issue.
>> Following link might probably help solve it.
>> http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/59837/0/
>
> I've done what it's suggested in but with no success.

Probably, somehow you have to make the Oracle preprocessor fully
understand what it is preprocessing or maybe the contrary and just
ensure that whatever it is fed is finally passed to the system C
compiler.

I'm pretty sure that you will get the same errors that you think are a
libcurl problem trying to 'compile' the following snippet with Oracle.

--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <stdint.h>
#include <inttypes.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>

typedef int64_t dummy1_t;
typedef sa_family_t dummy2_t;

int dummyfunc(void)
{
  dummy1_t v1;
  dummy2_t v2;
  return 1;
}
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------

When you become capable of compiling the above with no errors you will
be capable of using libcurl.

BTW: I found the following floating around...

Reference on parse option in Pro*C/C++ compiler.

PARSE=NONE
The value NONE has the following effects: C preprocessor directives
are understood only inside a declare section. You must declare all
host variables inside a Declare Section. Precompiler release 1.x
behavior

PARSE=PARTIAL
The value PARTIAL has the following effects: All preprocessor
directives are understood.You must declare all host variables inside a
Declare Section. This option value is the default if CODE=CPP

PARSE=FULL
The value FULL has the following effects:The precompiler C parser runs
on your code. All Preprocessor directives are understood.You can
declare host variables at any place that they can be declared legally
in C.

--
-=[Yang]=-