Re: libcurl Mac OS X Framework (was Re: ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.19.5)

From: Michael Weber <michael.weber_at_kutano.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:30:27 -0700

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 May 2009, G. T. Stresen-Reuter wrote:
>
>>> o allow creation of four way fat libcurl Mac OS X Framework
>>
>> Could you provide an example of how to do this? No worries if not, just wondering...
>
> We're still short on docs for that, but the MacOSX-Framework script in the root source dir should give quite a lot of clues.
>
> --
>
>  / daniel.haxx.se

If you find where to add compile flags for gcc in the libcurl build,
you can specify the -arch flag. You can specify it multiple times, and
gcc on OS X will compile for each architecture to generate fat object
code. i.e., "-arch i386 -arch ppc -arch x86_64 -arch ppc64".
Alternatively you can compile for each architecture separately, and
then use lipo to combine the four libs into one four way fat libcurl.

Michael