Re: curl sending command-line in message body

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:38:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Paul J. Lucas wrote:

> => Send data, 235 bytes (0xeb)
> 0000: curl -v -H"X-RequestIsAbsolutePath: F" "http://localhost:8182/me
> 0040: tadata/036-Original.JPG".<metadata>. <Core>. <ImageOrientati
> 0080: on editable="1" type="unsignedShort">. <value raw="3"/>.
> 00c0: </ImageOrientation>. </Core>.</metadata>.
>
> Why is curl sending the command-line itself as part of the message body?
> Of course the XML parser will complain. How can I get curl to stop doing
> that and send only the contents of the file passed as an argument to the -T
> option?

I can't understand how you managed to get curl to do that!

I just tried this command line:

$ curl -H"X-RequestIsAbsolutePath: F" -T README -H'Content-Type: application/xml' localhost/ --trace-ascii dump

... and it certainly doesn't send its own command line.

Note also that your "embedded" command line does not have the --trace-ascii
option so it's not the actual run-time one you used that's embedded.

I guess on some kind of mistake in your end!