RE: libcurlnet: meaning of CURL_OK value after Perform()

From: AMBROSINI Marco <m.ambrosini_at_itcgr.net>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 08:19:07 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Daniel Stenberg
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 12:28 AM
To: the curl tool
Subject: Re: libcurlnet: meaning of CURL_OK value after Perform()

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, AMBROSINI Marco wrote:

>> 1) When I call a command, does Curl close every time the connection
with the
>> FTP server (quit)?

>libcurl doesn't, no. Your binding may.

How can I do that? DO you have a link or an example to show me?

>> 2) When I got the CURL_OK value for the CURLCode of a Perform()
method,
>> what does it mean? I tried to delete a file and I got CURL_OK, but
the
>> file is still there. Probably I have no rights to delete, but I
expected
>> to get an error.

>Me too, but the lack of details makes it impossible to tell anything
further.

I tried to delete a file on a FTP server without having the permission
and I got the CURL_OK code.

>> 3) If during an upload or download the network is down, CURLCode is
>> different from CURL_OK, isn't it? For me it's important to know if a
file
>> has been received or sent completely.

>It depends. You probably need to use a timeout of some sorts.

How can I do that? Can you give me an example? I need to know if a file
is downloaded or uploaded completely.

>> 4) Are the delete and update commands available even if a http proxy
is
>> used? Also without setting CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL = true?

>"delete and update commands" ?

"delete": a file is deleted in a FTP server
"Update": a file is uploaded in a ftp server

I am using Curl because using .NET Framework and http proxy these
commands are not allowed. Can I delete or upload a file with an http
roxy also without setting CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL = true?

Thanks for your patience!