Re: curl --help

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:33:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Dan Fandrich wrote:

(Cc'ing this to the curl-users list which seems more appropriate for this
topic)

> True, but since curl can be linked to a completely different libcurl at run
> time, removing the options at compile time won't be reliable.

Exactly.

One thing we could do is to keep the --help list in the tool with a field of
requirements, and then generate the ouput conditional depending on those
requirements.

Personally I've not find this to be a problem but I guess I'm probably in the
minority that have virtually all features enabled...

> What might be more useful is having curl display a warning if a
> curl_easy_setopt call returns CURLE_FAILED_INIT (or any other error code,
> actually).

Yeah, this we should do no matter what actually...