Re: Question regarding using the ssl sessionid usage

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:19:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Niranjan Ramakrishnan wrote:

> curl --verbose -sessionid -k -1 -2 -3 https://URLPATH https://URLPATH

"-sessionid" is not the same as "--sessionid" which probably is what you
want.

Then, --sessionid only works with 7.19.0 or later but is already the default
behavior so in most situations you won't need to use it.

> When I do a tcpdump for this and look at the traffic , I do not see the
> sessionid being reused. What is the way to reuse ssl session id.

curl uses libcurl which primarily reuses the entire connection and only if the
connection gets closed it attempts to re-use the sessionid in the next SSL
handshake.

If you think you see a case where it doesn't re-use the SSL sessionid where it
should, it could be a possible bug. Can you provide us with a command line
against a public URL that shows this? And also tell us what curl version on
what OS you're using.

--
  Daniel