Re: Problems With curl for IBM AIX

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 23:34:27 -0600

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:39:48AM +0530, cheerla sreehari wrote:
> To install my application , I need libcurl.a which has libcurl.so.3 But I
> couldn't find the curl rpm for IBM AIX 5.2
> which satisfies these requirements .
> Please suggest me the links where I can get the curl rpm for IBM AIX which has
> libcurl.so.3

The curl project only supplies source code; binaries are provided by third
parties, which are conveniently listed for you on the curl download page.
If you can't find the right binary there, then it's likely that noone has
created one and made it available for download.

It's usually pretty easy to compile yourself from source, though, so you
can always do that if no binary suits you.

>>> Dan