Curl and HTTPS/SSL

From: Daniel White <twinbee42_at_skytopia.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 12:06:31 -0000

Hi all,

I've looked over the net for ages now, and by the looks
of it, there's quite a bit of discussion, but no real
resolution (at least not for me) to the problem.

Let me put this in a nutshell, I run at the shell/command line:

curl https://www.example.com/main?id=1000 -q -o outputfile.html

It's a https URL, so apparently things work differently now.

Problem is I've downloaded about 4 different versions of
Curl, and they each complain that there's a problem with libeay32.dll
(which of course isn't supplied). So I then try to look
for libeay32.dll, and come across about 5 different versions
over the web.

Each of them throws up a new, tasty, unique error message,
also depending on which version of the Curls you use too.

Here's a delectable sample of the errors one can expect:

"The procedure entry point asn1_string_data could"
"The application of DLL .....libeay32.dll is not a valid Windows
image....."
"The ordinal 2254 could not be located in the dynamic link library "
"The ordinal 2498 ......"
"The procedure entry point DES_ecb_encrypt could not be located in .....
LIBEAY32.dll"

How hard can it be? If someone can give me the exact download
of Curl to use (I use WinXP home), and also a location where
I can download the 'real', 'newest' libeay32.dll, that would be grand.

I'm guessing the shell line I entered above is all that's
needed to access a HTTPS URL.

Thanks for any help!

Dan

--