Strange problem with curl involving cookies and post data

From: Pieter Steyn <pieterste_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 14:36:37 +0200

Hi guys,

Could someone please tell me whats wrong with this:

I run it, and get no output at all, and the exit code is 0 ..but the
wget one gives me output:

curl -E usercert.pem:$PASS --key userkey.pem --pass 1234 --insecure -b
curlcookies.txt --data 'circuitNumber=number'
https://www.site.com/blah/blah.do

wget --private-key=userkey.pem --certificate=usercert.pem
--no-check-certificate --load-cookies cookies.txt --post-data
'circuitNumber=number' https://www.site.com/blah/blah.do

I need to use curl for this, because wget doesn't support ajax at all
and thus I don't get complete results in the html thats supposed to
return.

Here is the curlcookies.txt and the cookies.txt (which I use for wget
and works):

cookies.txt:
# HTTP cookie file.
# Generated by Wget on 2009-03-05 12:47:14.
# Edit at your own risk.

www.site.com FALSE /cas TRUE 0 CASTGC blahblahblah

curlcookies.txt:
 Netscape HTTP Cookie File
# http://curl.haxx.se/rfc/cookie_spec.html
# This file was generated by libcurl! Edit at your own risk.

www.site.com FALSE /cas TRUE 0 CASTGC blahblahblah
www.site.com FALSE /cas TRUE 10 userName
www.site.com FALSE /cas TRUE 10 password
www.site.com FALSE /cas TRUE 10 localUser

I don't understand why the wget one gives me output (although
incomplete because of the ajax, but the curl one gives me nothing.)

Hopefuly it's just a syntax / missing switch.

Oh, last bit of information, running the curl command with -v

This is interesting, but I'm not sure why it's happening:

> Host: www.site.com
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily