Re: how to use --proxy-negotiate, exactly?

From: Brian J. Murrell <brian_at_interlinx.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 04:16:32 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:01:36 -0700, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> Specifying a user acts like a trigger to begin authentication.

I don't see why the presence of the http_proxy environment variable is
not enough of a trigger to begin authentication. If --proxy-negotiate is
set that is even more evidence and then the kerberos ticket cache for the
user should be used (and populated by doing an authentication if not
present yet).

> Windows'
> SSPI auth will use the current credentials, but authentication needs to
> be enabled by providing a blank user name/password in the form ":".

This should not be necessary, per above.

> I don't see anything in the trace that looks suspicious, but I'm not an
> expert on Negotiate. curl ought to send an authentication header in the
> second round, which it doesn't. You could try the latest curl on the off
> chance that something was fixed in this area already.

Yeah, given that I have already been in the source and found out why it's
failing I was hoping somebody familiar with this code could take my
description and either verify what I am seeing and doing is correct or
identify a bug.

Cheers, and thanx for all your help so far.

b.