Re: Porting HTTP cURL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:05:24 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, हर्षद नटीये wrote:

> I want to use only HTTP feature of cURL.

Using curl or just port libcurl? Either way, curl-library is probably a more
suitable list to get help with this stuff on. I'm cc'ing my response over to
that list to get us started there easier.

> Which files need to be ported so that I can use cURL(only HTTP feature) on
> other OS.

If your OS is *nix-like or at least has a decent *nix-like shell, you'll run
configure and it should output a decent start already there.

If your OS is more special than so, then I advice you to hand-edit a
lib/config.h version based on what lib/config.h.in contains. There are a few
hand-edited ones in the source archive you can use as guidance.

To make it HTTP-only, you can define the HTTP_ONLY define in your config.h or
makefile. Or you disable all the specific protocols with CURL_DISABLE_[proto]
defines.

I advice you to simply work with defines/undefs as far as possible and build
all source files (as those without the necessary defines set will be skipped
"automatically").

If you get problems, do ask more specific questions on the exact problems you
face. And please take those to the curl-library list then.

docs/INTERNALS and docs/INSTALL contain some general hints and clues that
could be good to figure out. Also note that your OS needs a BSD/posix socket
API to be "easy" to port to as otherwise I think you're better off starting to
write such an emulation layer first and _then_ make libcurl use that...