Forcing a disconnect

From: Crumrine, John <jcrumrine_at_tnsi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:50:32 -0500

I am connecting to a ftp server using ftp/s and we are having problems
ending the curl session. Specifically when uploading a file, the curl
command completes on my end, but the receiving server doesn't recognize
it as completed and continues waiting until it is manually closed.
Similarly when downloading a file, we connect, retrieve the file and
then get a message "* Closing connection #0". However the remote server
still shows an active connection.

Is there a way to explicitly force a disconnect after the transfer is
completed?

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.