Re: Two issues about sftp on Windows box

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:29:43 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Lisa Xu wrote:

> I encountered two issues when I worked on sftp on windows box.
>
> My curl version is:
> curl 7.19.2 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.19.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8e libssh2/0.18
> Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file https ftps scp sftp
> Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL

During the recent months we've worked on SFTP quite significantly, so I would
recommend you to base further testing on curl 7.19.3 with libssh2 1.0 and
nothing earlier.

(You're also using a rather outdated OpenSSL version but I don't think this
causes these particular problems.)

> When I use public/private key authentication, there always has an error
> "OPENSSL_Uplink(00551010,05): no OPENSSL_Applink".

I don't know what that is or what it means, but it looks libssh2-specific so I
suggest you proceed to try a libssh2 example code against that server and if
the problem remains you continue this on the libssh2-devel list!

> - Second issue I want download a file from remote, my command is "curl -v -u
> lisa:password -o e:\lisa.tmp sftp://192.168.129.61/home/lisa/lisa.txt". It
> looks like the command is fine, but actually it does not download the remote
> file. Following is the output info:

[...]

> It always said that "file alread completely download", I don't know why.

First, upgrade curl and libssh2. Then if the problem remains, try an libssh2
example code and see if that works. If not, go libssh2-devel as mentioned
above. If the example code does work, build a debug-version of libssh2 and
enable full ssh tracing in libcurl (see the libssh2_trace() call in
lib/ssh.c).