cURL config file

From: Kuzilla, Daniel J. <Daniel.J.Kuzilla_at_saint-gobain.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:42:49 -0500

Good Morning All,
In summary: I'm attempting to run an application, that will pass user
specified parameters through Perl, which will invoke cURL, which will
then make a connection to the outside world.

When cURL is invoked, I need to pass our proxy server information along
with it to get through to the outside.

That's seems simple enough to do from the command line with the
'--proxy" option, but I can't do that when Perl invokes cURL behind the
scenes.
Is there a cURL config file that I can create somewhere that can pass
that type of information along when cURL is called in the background?
The software vendor I'm working with mentioned a .curlrc file, but
didn't have any details.

Does anybody have any ideas? This is an HP-UX server, running 11iv1.
TIA,
Dan