progress bar prefix, second try

From: Björn Schlögl <mastamind+ml_at_aleph.b3ta.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 00:33:45 +0100

Hi,

this is my second try of an option to specifiy a prefix that is displayed in
front of the progress bar. This time it should also work with multibyte
charsets.

Some things to consider:
- I am using the posix function mbsrtowcs. I added HAVE_WCHAR_H defines before
the inclusion of the wchar.h header file and the multibyte aware code but I
didn't not find the appropriate place in configure.ac (or any other autotools
related file) to check for wchar.h and/or mbsrtowcs. If someone could point
to me to that location I will add the checks.
- What should be done if the prefix is longer than the progress bar itself?
- It would be a great feature to support variables in the prefix like
in --write-out.
- Is anyone interested in this patch at all?

Björn