RE: Getting an Email

From: Miriam Natanzon <miriam_at_mail.snunit.k12.il>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:49:36 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se]On Behalf Of Lars Nilsson
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:29 PM
To: the curl tool
Subject: Re: Getting an Email

2008/12/23 Miriam Natanzon <miriam_at_mail.snunit.k12.il>:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm new to curl. I used it to run a cron job from my crontab with the
> following line :
>
> 45 * * * * curl --silent --compressed http://example.com/cron.php
>
> I saw that the cron job run' and I think' it run without any bugs,
>
> But-
>
> The "root user" in my system got an email with each running of that job,
> with the subject containing the above line.
>
> Do you think this email means there is a bug?
>
> How can I get rid of those insufferable massages???

Add a MAILTO=user_at_domain.com at the beginning of the crontab file to
make it go somewhere specific, or MAILTO="" to disable email for all
jobs, or redirect stdout _and_ stderr to /dev/null for individual
jobs. For other options regarding cron/crontab, Google is an excellent
resource. :)

Lars Nilsson