RE: curl_easy_perform blocks when trying to read a response Header

From: Ambarish Mitra <ambarish_mitra_at_persistent.co.in>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:53:25 +0530

> I have a running test Java servlet (deployed on Tomcat), which returns
> a response code of 200.

It is certainly running, but maybe not in the direction you want.

> protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
> response) throws ServletException, IOException
> {
> System.out.println("doget - start ");

The problem is that you're printing to the standard output, but the
Servlet API doesn't work that way. Take a look at the documentation here
to find out how you're supposed to use this API.

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/docs.html
http://www.novocode.com/doc/servlet-essentials/
http://www.novocode.com/doc/servlet-essentials/chapter2a.html#ch_2_1

Hi Micheal, Thanks for your response.
Actually, for servlets deployed on tomcat, the out.println prints the log
mesg to catalina.out.
However, the issue here is that even when the doGet completes, the
curl_easy_perform keeps blocking.

I tried some other http client, which completes after the tomcat sends the
reponse.

I will try my question in the curl library mailing list, as Daniel
requested.

Thanks anyway.

DISCLAIMER