Re: Simple Redirection Problem

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:37:05 -0700

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 08:46:24PM +0200, Michel Barakat wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I removed CURLOPT_REFERER and tried the following:
> curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_AUTOREFERER, 1L);
>
> However, it didn't do the trick and it is still fetching the first page.
> Here is the url in question:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7637282.stm

If the problem is that the redirect isn't happening at all, then AUTOREFERER
won't have anything to do with it. Are you getting an HTTP redirect code
from the page in question (the URL you gave gives me a 404 error)? That's
the only kind of redirect curl will follow. Other kinds of redirects
(e.g. Javascript or meta refresh) require parsing the returned content
and aren't handled by curl.

>>> Dan