gnutls_handshake() failed: -12 error

From: Iain Davey <iain.davey_at_rsml.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:49:23 +0100

We have just installed curl on AIX as an alternative to the standard ftp,
as we need to be able to connect using SSL. We're getting an error that I
can't find any documentation about, and I wondered if anyone had any clues?

curl -v --ftp-ssl -E <<certificate name>>.pem -n
ftp://eur.ftptls.edisrvcs.com/

* About to connect() to eur.ftptls.edisrvcs.com port 21
* Trying 204.90.230.110... connected
* Connected to eur.ftptls.edisrvcs.com (204.90.230.110) port 21
< 220 ohimsg1 IE-FTP server (v4r3m0.k) ready on system EUR.
> AUTH SSL
< 234 AUTH command accepted - proceed with Negotiation.
* found 59 certificates in /opt/TWWfsw/curl715/share/ca-bundle.crt
* gnutls_handshake() failed: -12
* Closing connection #0

We're running AIX version of cURL, curl -V output is:-

curl 7.15.1 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0) libcurl/7.15.1 GnuTLS/1.2.9 zlib/1.1.4
libidn/0.5.20
Protocols: tftp ftp gopher telnet dict http file https ftps
Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile SSL libz
For more details about RiverStone, visit our website at www.rsml.co.uk

Confidentiality Notice

This electronic message and any documents accompanying it may be
privileged and confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. Please note that, if the reader is not the intended
recipient, any unauthorised use, disclosure, copying, distribution
or dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message (or any copy) in error, please immediately notify RiverStone
Management Ltd by telephoning +44(0)20 7977 1600 for London or
+44(0)1273 562345 for Brighton. Alternatively send a message to
helpdesk_at_rsml.co.uk . Thank you.

RiverStone Management Limited is a company registered in England
and Wales (registered number 01268308) with its registered office at
Park Gate, 161-163 Preston Road, Brighton BN1 6AU, England.