Re: Running curl in production

From: Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 06:46:34 -0700

Praveen wrote:

> We are running on AIX 5.3. We need support for openssl which I guess
> requires libgcc_s. When we compiled the openssl and curl, had both gcc
> and libgcc. Since we cannot have a compiler in a production
> environment, trying to run curl without it.

You don't need gcc on the server, just libgcc. It is a normal library
like any other, and it is meant to be installed separately from gcc.
You can link with -static-libgcc to have it statically linked into the
executable, but this may have consequences (such as breaking the ability
to throw or catch exceptions across shared libraries.)

Brian