Re: Question regarding curl.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:01:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Wei Weng wrote:

[Reply CC'ed to the curl-users list from a private conversation, with
permission]

> I can not build anything on this machine, so I can not check for sure. But
> is this --no-OPTION_NAME feature official for next release of curl yet?

Yes, it is already in CVS and will be in 7.19.0!

> And what does the wget-style (curl will default to -O'ing urls) mean?

Basically that you can force curl to default to -O behavior:

If you add --remote-name-all to your .curlrc file (or similar), you can then
do this like:

$ curl example.com/file1 example.com/file2

... and these files will be stored as 'file1' and 'file2'. It will thus be a
command equivalent to:

$ curl -O example.com/file1 -O example.com/file2

I called that "wget-style" since that's (similar to) how wget does by default
and how lots of people have been wanting curl to do as well in the past.