Re: always 100%

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:46:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Sebastien WILLEMIJNS wrote:

> 100 3275k 0 3275k 0 0 118k 0 --:--:-- 0:00:27 --:--:-- 156k
>
> when size is unknown, precent is always 100%, it is better to write "???" ;)

Well, the other fields are -- when unknown, so I'd then rather think "-" would
be suitable. But I don't think 100% is too bad either, since the total size is
unknown we always have 100% of the known size. It's just that the known size
keeps growing during the transfer.

In the end, I don't care about these details much. If anyone thinks this is
important I trust a patch will be posted.

The "proper" fix to the entire progress meter thing for curl is to implment it
entirely in the client code and not rely on the progress meter libcurl has.
One day in the (distant) future libcurl will no longer do the progress meter.